Linden Blossom Absolute oil: The nature’s own scent
Ever since the inception of mankind on earth, flowers and their fragrances have always attracted human due to their pleasing aroma and mind soothing nature. Among numerous flowers present around us, one is linden blossom that is also considered as a sacred flower in different cultures. Originated in France, Linden tree bears these flowers that have distinct and delicate fragrance which can leave you hypnotic. These flowers are rich sources of fragrance that every one craved for.
Flowers as well as twigs are used for the extraction of absolute oil through a complex solvent extraction method. The oil thus obtained is known as “Linden Blossom Absolute Oil” that is one of the chief ingredients of perfumery products. This absolute oil is pale yellow to clear yellow liquid that has slightly citrus, sweet, floral and honey alike aroma.
A brief summary
|Botanical Name||Tilia vulgaris|
|Common Name||Lime tree or Linden tree or tilleul|
|Plant Parts Used||Flowers and twigs|
|Extraction Method||Solvent extraction|
|Color||Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid|
|Odor||Citrus and floral odor|
Constituents and therapeutic of linden blossom absolute oil
The beneficial elements present in linden blossom essential oil includes farnesol, pro-anthocyanidins, phenolics and gallocathechol tannins, monoterpenes, aliphatic hydrocarbons and dibutyl phthalate. These elements bear different medicinal features owing to which linden blossom absolute oil is renowned as an antidepressant, antioxidant, digestive, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, liver tonic and diuretic.
Some of the popular benefits of linden blossom absolute oil
- Owing to therapeutic benefits and diuretic properties, linden blossom absolute oil helps to flush out toxin form the body to keep blood pressure under controlled limits.
- The absolute oil of linden blossom also acts as a tonic for liver as it helps to drain bile in an effective manner.
- Owing to anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, linden blossom absolute oil also aids in reducing pains and healing wounds.
- With its calming properties, linden blossom absolute oil also makes an effective stress buster to reduce anxiety and hypertension.
- The refreshing and divine fragrance of linden blossom absolute oil is ideal to be a sole reason for use in aromatherapy to relax body and mind for a healing and calming effect.
- Massaging this absolute oil over head is reckoned to provide relief from headaches and migraines.
- Linden blossom absolute oil is also excellent for rejuvenating facial and body skin to provide a radiant and youthful look. It’s the sole reason that linden blossom absolute oil is often found in as a vital ingredient in facial creams and lotions.
- The herbal properties of linden blossom absolute oil make it an excellent expectorant to provide quick and effective relief from colds, coughs and flu.
- Linden blossom absolute oil contains antioxidant property to remove free radical intermediates from body cell for a healthy living.
Ways to Use Linden Blossom Absolute Oil during Different Ailments:
- Mix a drop or two to your regular facial or body cream to attain a blemish-free, radiant and youthful look
- Put two drops of linden blossom absolute oil in a bowl full of warm water. Deeply inhale evolved aroma to attain quick relief from colds, coughs and flu.
- Dilute 2 drops of linden blossom absolute oil in 50ml of water to clean wounds and cuts for quicker healing.
- Mix 2-3 drops with carrier oil (preferably jasmine oil) to make an effective stress buster. Massage this blend gently to mitigate hypertension and anxiety.
- Ingest a drop of linden blossom absolute oil by mixing in your regular beverage to flush out toxins from body for a healthy living.
- Put 1 drop of this absolute oil in vaporizer to spread a divine and refreshed fragrance for a calming and healing effect on body and mind.
- Add 2 drops in 5ml of carrier oil (preferably sandalwood oil) and massage over the head to attain relief from migraines and headaches.
Blending of linden blossom absolute oil
Linden blossom absolute oil blends well with oil of frankincense, geranium, almond, jasmine, rose, tuberose, lemon, sandalwood, clove, black pepper and ginger.
As you have read different therapeutic properties of linden blossom absolute oil that will surely help to overcome general health related issues, you should add absolute oil of linden blossom to your shopping list for a younger and healthier living.